Meet Maggie Warner. She’s a TEAM DelMo ambassador athlete, founder of the new Wild Harbor Tri Club and an all-around inspiration
Each month, we sit down with a DelMoSports athlete and ask them five questions.
Meet Maggie Warner. She’s a TEAM DelMo ambassador athlete, founder of the new Wild Harbor Tri Club and an all-around inspiration. Here we go!
1. What are your race goals this season?
To take the most race day selfies, to find Pokemon on the course and to survive IMAC 70.3 (now taking bets on which mile marker I will have a breakdown at…someone bring the tissues PLEASE!) No, but in all seriousness my own race day goals have changed a bit this year. With the startup of a new Tri Club this past spring I shifted my focus from just concentrating and achieving my own goals to helping our fellow members achieve theirs. So one of the most important things to me on race day is having the opportunity to stand at the finish line, cheering every member across it! Because when they achieve their race day goal…well then, I just achieved mine!
2. Best racing advice?
Work hard to play hard and have fun while doing it!
3. Favorite pre-race meal?
Quest Cookies & Cream Protein Bar
4. Do you pee on the bike?
No on the bike, always in the water! You have been forewarned if you’re swimming near me!
5. Tell us three things we should know about you.
- I don’t like having white space in my calendar!
- If you are near me at a race I will most likely tell you to get in a photo!
- I got into the sport of triathlons from volunteering at a Tri Wildwoods race back in the day! I couldn’t just watch from the sidelines anymore!