It’s amazing how cartoons can affect you…and they’re not even real, or..are they?
This summer marks the 5th Anniversary Atlantic City Triathlon. Yup, it’s been five years since our disastrous inaugural event where we had to cancel the swim mid-way through due to severely deteriorating conditions in the Atlantic Ocean. Since that event, we’ve made Bader Field our home alongside the Atlantic City Seafood Festival and the Miss America Pageant on the second weekend in September.
All new in 2015, we’ve moved our race from the second weekend in September to the second weekend in August (August 8-9 to be exact.) We are going to miss the Seafood Festival, but we are confident our plans for the 5th Annual TRI AC are going to light a fire under triathletes.
TRI AC Registration IS OPEN!
TRI AC: 8 Reasons You Will Register in 2015
We’ve got big plans people. We’re expanding our footprint on Bader Field. We have the entire footprint to work with and we believe we can make this event safer and more enjoyable. How?
- Our Kid’s Race: Since we have all of Bader we’re going to have a Kid’s Duathlon that is completely closed to any street
- Baby DelMo’s bikes at TRI AC 2014. They insisted on water bottles for the 1 mile bike.
- traffic…this is AWESOME. Additionally, Bader Field is wide open so every parent and family member can see their “little triathlete” for the entire race!
- Swim AC is getting preferred treatment: Last year, our stand alone swim race was the last wave to go. In 2015, we’re making our Swim AC athletes our honorary starters. These experienced athletes will provide us with a live “course preview” and literally answer any questions about which way to go!
- The Finish: Our finish is going to be fantastic in 2015. We will be positioning our finish line on the peninsula of Bader Field so your finish line photo will have the skyline of Atlantic City in the background!
- Parking: There will be plenty of free parking for ALL persons competing or watching the Atlantic City Triathlon. In fact, we’re confident that TRI AC is the most vehicle friendly triathlon in the region. We don’t know of any other race where almost every car can park within 40 feet of the transition area.
- Paddle AC: New this year, we’re working on bringing in world class paddlers for a clinic on Friday. This will be a paid clinic (meaning there will be a fee associated with this). In addition to our race on Saturday, we’re
- Paddle AC 2014. Over 50 Paddlers joined us in tough conditions. We full expect the field to double in 2015!
- going to allow triathletes/paddlers to get in the water on Friday to test out the latest and greatest equipment on the market. Paddle AC is a 5 mile (2 loop race) that takes place entirely in the Back Bay Basin and is a perfect opportunity for triathletes to discover all of the benefits SUP can have for their cross-training as published in Competitor.com last summer. See Roch Frey’s article How Stand-Up Paddleboarding (SUP) Can Benefit Triathlon Training. Paddle AC will be a WPA Sanctioned Event.
- The Bike Course: The course is WAY BETTER in 2015. We will no longer be using the Porter Avenue gate as a way of exiting/entering for the bike. We will now be exiting via West End Avenue gate which allows us to take the runway ALL THE WAY down to the Albany Avenue Bridge bypassing 4 intersections of traffic. This is MUCH better than in years past and we believe safer too!
- Camping: YES! We’re camping in 2015. Last year, we had RV parking and those that took advantage absolutely raved about the opportunity to wake up next to the transition area. Take this opportunity to think about what kind of experience you and your triclub/team could have at TRI AC. There is no other triathlon in New Jersey that allows you to play craps and sleep under the stars!
- TRI AC 2015 is going to be HOT!
- Bonfire On Bader: Yes, we’re going to have a bonfire on Bader Field for all of those who are ‘staying the night,’ on Saturday night, August 8th from 8-10pm. DelMoSports will be working in conjunction with the Atlantic City Fire Department to do what no other New Jersey triathlon can do; Swim, Bike, Run, Camp, Paddle, Party….and roast a few marshmallows.
But wait, there’s more. Stay connected for even more enhancements to what will become the one race you just can’t NOT do! Be sure to Like our Facebook page for contests and special deals.
We have a simple goal here in Atlantic City: Get better every year. That’s it. You will never come to a DelMoSports race and say, “This got stale.” Nope, it won’t happen. We will never stop trying to improve, never stop believing in our community and NEVER STOP trying to make you say, “OH NO THEY DIDN’T!”