For training and race day tips find us on Facebook!
1. Is the race USAT sanctioned?
Yes. All of our races are USAT sanctioned and athletes must race according to USAT rules. Please visit usatriathlon.com and review the rules. We will also remind you of these rules in the athlete guide.
2. Where can I find the event guide?
All information regarding the event can be found at DelMoSports.com or our race specific Facebook pages.
3. Where can I find course maps?
Our course maps are posted on DelMoSports.com visit our website and learn about each individual race.
4. What will the water conditions be like and will the race be wetsuit legal?
Wetsuits may be worn if the water temperature is less than 84 degrees however, if the water is between 78-84 degrees all participants wearing wetsuits will not be eligible for awards. Please be aware you are swimming in the ocean, it is imperative you are prepared for all water conditions.
5. Can I pick up a packet for another athlete?
No, you must pick up your own packet and have a photo identification and USAT card with you in order to pick up your packet. If you do not have your USAT on the day of registration and did not purchase a one day card with your registration log in to usatriathlon.com, click My Account, Print Temporary Card. This will allow you to view your card from your smartphone.
6. I can no longer compete, can I get a refund?
Please see the DelMo Race policies HERE.
7. Where and when is packet pick-up?
Packet pick up is Friday August 25th from 12:00pm-6:00pm at the North Wildwood Recreation Center. Also, Saturday August 26th from 4:30am-6:00am at 15th and the beach in North Wildwood (transition).
8. What time does transition open, and close?
Transition opens at 4:45am and closes at 6:30am.
9. What is included in my packet?
Inside your packet you will find; a custom bib with your name on it, a colored swim cap, your timing chip and strap, a sticker sheet with your individual number to placed on your bike, swim cap and helmet, and a wristband which will allow you access to the transition area. Also don’t forget to pick up your one of a kind DelMoSports race shirt!
10. Are there cut off times for this race?
There are no official cut off times at Tri the Wildwoods, but we do have your safety in mind. Meaning that if you are physically unable to continue we will ask you to turn in your chip and seek medical attention.
11. When will the athlete guide be posted and what information will be included in the athlete guide?
The athlete guide will be posted 2-3 weeks before race day. Included (but not limited to) in the athlete guide will be; an event timeline, important locations and directions, course maps, parking information, check-in information, typical weather conditions, race rules and regulations, timing information, awards information, kids race details, a spectator guide and an expo guide.
12. Can I transfer, sell, or give my bib to another person?
Please see the DelMo Race Policies HERE.
13. Where is the best place for my family to watch the race?
There are no bad places to watch! Transition is where all the action happens! This will give spectators the most opportunities to see their athlete race. The finish line also becomes very exciting once athletes start finishing their race. The boardwalk in Wildwood will also be action packed as athletes are storming the boards!
14. I can’t race this year but I want to be involved, how can I help?
15. Is there an expo at every DelMoSports race?
Yes! Every event has an athlete expo on site. Athletes can check out the latest products in triathlon, from bike racks to sunglasses to nutrition.
16. Can I register for someone else on ACTIVE?
Yes. Please be sure to have all of their Emergency Contact information as well as their USAT annual membership number.