We decided to interview a loyal DelMoSports Athlete and 2017's Summer Intern this month. Meet Kait French!
Each month, we sit down with a DelMoSports athlete and ask them five questions.
Meet DelMo Athlete and 2017's Summer Intern, Kait French!
1. What are your race goals next season?
My race goals for 2018 are to try and convince one of my family members to race with me! So far i've been successful in dragging along my cousin JoAnn!
2. Best racing advice?
If there is a race you have considered and want to do, just sign up and figure out the rest after! It will be totally worth it in the end!
3. Favorite pre-race meal?
Chicken Parm the night before and a bagel with a banana the morning of!
4. What is your race mantra?
"You would not be where you are if you did not believe you could do this"
5. Which event was your favorite to intern/work?
That is hard! It was hard to work the events that you were used to racing! I would say IMAC! Stepping up to the 70.3 mile distance is a HUGE stepping stone as an athlete who usually races smaller distances. Seeing athletes achieve something as big at an IRONMAN 70.3 is fulfilling!
6. What is your favorite intern/work experience with DelMoSports?
Must I pick one?! Working with the DelMoSports team and getting to know what happens behind the scenes of race production, which makes me cognoscente as an athlete now as to how much time is spent into one event! I also LOVED working the different expo events and meeting DelMo athletes!
7. Tell us three things we should know about you.
- I am a student majoring in Media and Professional Communications at the University of Pittsburgh. GO PITT!
- I got into Triathlon during my senior year of High School.
- I LOVE dessert.