Yes, October brings with it a new year at the DelMoSports World Headquarters here in the metropolis of Wildwood, NJ. Our event season has ended and we are in full swing for 2017.
Happy New Year Everyone!
Yes, October brings with it a new year at the DelMoSports World Headquarters here in the metropolis of Wildwood, NJ. Our event season has ended and we are in full swing for 2017. As most of the endurance world is in full swing for running, mtb and grand fondos we are constantly trying to improve on our prior year’s performance. YOU have given us amazing feedback on how to do things better and we are surely to implement many of your suggestions. But, if you were to ask us what are some of the things that stood out the most for us in 2016 what would they be? What made us think? What gave us a headache? Here’s my top 5 list:
- Weather: We were blessed with amazing weather in 2016. Each of our races was graced with sunshine and pleasant conditions. Now, we are aware of the 108 heat index for TRI AC, and a little chop for Escape the Cape, but we think that added to the fun of the race:)
- The 2nd Annual Inaugural Escape to Lewes Cancelled…again: Frustrating does not describe our feelings for this event. For the 2nd year in a row we were forced to cancel this race…we haven’t had it yet, yet we believe the 3rd time is the charm and we are going to deliver on our promise. Over 475 of you have ‘re-upped’ for the 3rd Annual Inaugural event (how many times to you get to do a 3rd Annual Inaugural anything?) and we are prepared to do whatever it takes to see our/your dreams comes to fruition. We believe in the event, we believe in you, and we are GOING TO MAKE THIS JUMP!
- Registration Night/Day: The #1 gripe of the 2015 season was our slow and arduous packet pick up process using….ACTUAL PAPER. In 2016, we were committed to saving the planet and YOUR TIME and did away with the archaic process of days gone by and embraced THE FUTURE and went 100% paper free by using tablets. We noticed the time it took to check in our athletes was cut by more than half which will now allow us to have RACE MORNING PACKET PICK UP FOR THE ATLANTIC CITY TRI!
- IMAC 70.3 = Awesome: Fellow triathletes, my only regret of IMAC (other than the swim, which we’ve fixed with a few minor tweaks for 2017) is that I was not out on the course with you. From what I was able to see, hear, and sense it appeared to be an epic adventure worthy of bragging rights. We worked tirelessly to bring you a world class event, and you brought forth a world class effort…when those two actions are combined triathlon magic happens, and it surely did in Atlantic City.
- LLD: Ladies Love DelMoSports, LLC. Now, before some of you tune out on this one let me explain. The national average of women participating in triathlon is 39.5%. Get ready for this….at a DelMoSports race that number jumps to a WHOPPING 49% women!!! This places DelMoSports as the #1 producer of multisport events for women participation in relationship to men in the United States. Does that sound like a mouthful? I’ll break it down further…we have a higher percentage of women playing triathlon than anyone else is the USA. BELIEVE IT. How is this even possible? Here’s my next top 5 list:
- NJ is home to two of the most successful all women tri clubs in the US: The Mullica Hill Women’s Tri Cub and the Jersey Girl Stay Strong Multisport Club. These clubs have EXCEPTIONAL leadership and therefore will continue to thrive.
- If any of you haven’t noticed, the DelMoSports office is run by women (Kristy, Sarah, Mindy, Rachel, Lisa…).
- I love women. I respect women. I believe women should be celebrated EVERY DAY, not just holidays or birthdays or anniversarys…but every. single. day. When the rest of the world realizes we are only going to go as far in life as how we treat/respect/love our women then we’re not going to get very far, and triathlon is no exception.
- DelMo actually makes all the stuff you love about DelMoSports. Seriously, from the BIG *SS finisher medals to the best post race breakfast in all of triathlon, Mrs. DelMo is at the center of all the little things that has made DelMoSports what it is today. #muse
- BS free zone: There is no better species on Earth that can sniff out the BS like a woman can….you know when peeps are lying, you know when they’re telling the truth…I don’t know how you do it, but you’re the Jedi’s of intuition. Therefore, you know everything we do here we’re doing from the heart, from the soul, and we’re here to create to best experience we possibly can. You believe in us because if we were disingenuous, or deceitful, or anything other than world class….Mrs. DelMo would fire me…#truth.
With that said, the new year is upon us, the best deals are to be had so register for your favorite races NOW and fill your calendar with stuff to do. The Gods favor the bold and you’re just that…BOLD. There are many events to choose from in 2017, if you would like to race with us again, we would love to have you. If you want to venture out and do something different..GO FOR IT! Make the 2017 season YOUR season and make the most of these days for they are not guaranteed. Remember to treat yourself and others with the utmost respect and to #dothework and believe that you’re simply not going through life but growing through life too. If you need us, we’re here.