Each month, we sit down with a DelMoSports athlete and ask them five questions.
Meet DelMo Athlete Michelle Powell of the Mullica Hill Women’s Triathlon Club.
1. What are your race goals this season?
I’m coming off a pretty intense triathlon season in 2016, so I’m going to be a little more relaxed in 2017. My goal is to complete one sprint and two olympic distance triathlons, and I have a mixture of long and short distance runs on my agenda as well.
2. Best racing advice?
Be prepared, feel inspired and have fun! You have done the work to get ready for race day, so pat yourself on the back and smile knowing you will give it all you’ve got!
3. Favorite pre-race meal?
I have tried many different combinations of food and pre-race fuel, but I have had the best success with “old school” meals. I typically eat pasta (spaghetti is my favorite) the night before, and on race day morning I eat peanut butter and toast with a banana.
4. What is your race mantra?
I am strong. I feel good. I’ve got this.
5. Tell us three things we should know about you.
- Mountain Biking is my latest and greatest passion (and I proudly sport the bruises to prove it) 🙂
- Two amazing kids (my son and daughter) and an English Bulldog think I’m the silliest mom on the planet.
- My dream job is to be an English Professor.